Job: Asian & Pacific Islander Outreach Director for a highly competitive California State Senate campaign in the San Gabriel Valley.
Responsibilities: The API Outreach Director will lead the campaign’s efforts to reach out to, educate, persuade, and turn out voters of Asian and Pacific Islander descent. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write and implement a comprehensive, results-driven outreach and GOTV plan in consultation with the Field Director.
- Build and manage a targeted volunteer organization.
- Plan, promote, and execute targeted events, including community coffees, fundraisers, rallies, and VBM events.
- Implement a media plan that uses API community media channels, including newspapers, radio, television, and social media.
- Staff and brief the candidate as needed.
- Extensive ties to the Asian & Pacific Islander community;
- Political campaign experience preferred, preferably in field positions of increasing responsibility;
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision but accountable for results;
- Knowledge of principles of administration and supervision;
- Ability to work with people tactfully and effectively;
- Ability to work beyond a minimum 7.0-workday, including evening and weekend meetings and events, and work weeks commonly in excess of 40 hours; and
- Bilingual in an East Asian language preferred.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
To apply: To apply, please email Daniel Fierro at firstname.lastname@example.org with “API Outreach Director” in the subject line. Please include a resume and three professional references. Positions accepted on a rolling basis.