Job: Volunteer Coordinator for a highly competitive California State Senate campaign in the San Gabriel Valley.
Responsibilities: The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for volunteer operations and scheduling, as well as the supervision of volunteer staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Volunteer outreach, recruitment, training, and scheduling. Recruitment efforts at local community organizations, high schools, and colleges may include the need to schedule recruitment pitches.
- Communicate with volunteers via e-mail and phone.
- Maintain and coordinate volunteer contact lists and shift schedules.
- Sets up and attends volunteer meetings as needed. Reports to staff on volunteer activities as needed.
- Political campaign experience preferred;
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision but accountable for results;
- Knowledge of principles of administration and supervision;
- Ability to work with people tactfully and effectively;
- Ability to work beyond a minimum 7.0-hour workday, including evening and weekend meetings and events, and work weeks commonly in excess of 40 hours;
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to oversee, manage, and motivate a large group of volunteers;
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize duties and assignments;
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor;
- Access to reliable transportation; and
- Strong public speaking skills.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
To apply: To apply, please email Daniel Fierro at email@example.com with "Volunteer Coordinator" in the subject line. Please include a resume and three professional references. Positions accepted on a rolling basis.
Alternatively, if you have a link to your resume, you can submit it by clicking on APPLY NOW below.