Job: Canvassers needed for various campaigns throughout Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
Responsibilities: The Canvasser will connect directly with a broad base of voters. She/he must have excellent relationship building skills, physical stamina to canvass door to door, and knowledge of current political issues. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Door to door canvassing, home visits and phone calling related to enrollment or other outreach efforts.
- Meet daily and weekly goals related to enrollment and outreach.
- Approach new challenges with creativity and flexibility with a focus on measurable outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with a team and colleagues.
- Report daily on goals, strategies and outcomes.
- Keep up-to-date records on all work, including using online tools.
- Be available to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as needed. Ability to manage personal transportation needs to move efficiently across neighborhoods.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to take initiative, motivate others, be accountable and work at a fast pace.
- Curiosity in people’s stories and ability to initiate and build relationships with a wide and diverse range of people.
- Must be able to travel to and from locations quickly and with ease.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solver.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural competency, and self-awareness.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; College preferred.
- Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Vietnamese speakers preferred.
Ability to physically perform the duties of the job; ability to walk and canvass for extended periods of time.
To apply: To apply, please email Felicia Fierro at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Canvasser” in the subject line. Please include a resume. Positions accepted on a rolling basis.
Alternatively, if you have a link to your resume, you can submit it by clicking on APPLY NOW below.